Menstrual cup Yuuki
The Yuuki menstrual cup is a Czech product. It is designed and manufactured by YUUKI Company s.r.o., which was established back in 1998, and is the brainchild of Zuzana Poláčková.
"We started producing the cup in 2007. A year before that I had returned home after spending 6 years in Mexico, where I worked as a diving instructor. While I was there I was wondering if there was a product that would make a woman’s period easier, or at least a little more pleasant. Not to mention all the times I could see the waste from “our days” lying around on the beach. When a friend told me about the cup in 2006, that was that."
The menstrual cup is manufactured in a „clean room“ used to produce medical products. This department is equipped with a separate entrance, anti-static flooring and an air-conditioning system. This specialized workplace prevents any risk of contamination. All manufacturing and control processes are carried out in full compliance with the requirements of the ISO 9001 standard.
We use silicone material of the highest quality approved for use in healthcare and the food industry. As you might be aware, menstrual cups are nothing new. The first patent was registered in the early 20th century in the USA, but there was no suitable material available back then. Modern materials are now completely suitable, both in terms of their physical properties and their acceptability by the human body.
Nowadays the menstrual cup is a completely normal hygiene aid throughout the “western” world. So, what are you waiting for? Try it for yourself.
For and against YUUKI
Like everything man-made, the Yuuki cup has its advantages and disadvantages. Below we will try to list all of these pros and cons, and we hope that the prevailing benefits will convince you of its advantages.
Advantages of Yuuki:
- Economical profitability (the return on the cost of the cup is 5 - 8 months)
- Totally comfortable to use.
- Health certified. The Yuuki cup does not contain dyes or phthalates.
- Long life.
- Excellent for travel and all kinds of sports.
- Environmentally friendly - a woman uses thousands of pads and tampons in her lifetime - some 600 kg of non-recyclable waste.
- An EU product from a specialist in the manufacture of medical components.
- Technical solutions that will provide you with just the YUUKI menstrual cup. Our cup is unique, particularly in that it has a ring inside of the cup to prevent spillage when handling it and comes in a completely original practical package. The cover is solid and prevents the cup from being damaged or distorted during transportation (e.g. purse).
- At the beginning it takes a while before one finds the most comfortable way to insert the cup.
- Some women may find it uncomfortable to hold the contents of the cup. It just takes a few times to get used to it.
- The sanitary cup may not be used during the postnatal period.